When we began, education meant paying the children's fees and helping them improve their study skills. Now, the education that every child at ACT gets is an all round development programme that ensures every child's physical, mental and emotional Wellness. Every child receives 7 different interventions:
Learning Goals & Methodology
• Technology serves as the catalyst for education, life and job/career readiness
• Every child has access to technology
• Every child has access to a quality education
• Breakthrough educational programs focus on technology and next generation learning capabilities
• Leveraging technology, services, products or solutions of the corporate house
• Providing access to those most in need
• Focus on learning through information and communication technology skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving•Innovation and creativity
• Communication and collaboration
• Technology literacy
We apply Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI) to achieve our mission. The MI theory states that all of us have 8 different intelligences and that maximum efficiency and productivity in a person depends on whether they are working at jobs that map in with their dominant intelligence.
In order to determine each student’s dominant intelligence, we involve the children in various activities and team events that are tailored to suit the various intelligences: for example – dance for kinesthetic intelligence, painting for spatial, life skills workshops for intra personal intelligence etc.
Based on the children’s performance they are assigned to higher level courses so that they get maximum opportunities to hone their dominant intelligence. We believe in also getting them jobs that are suited to these intelligences. Since we are volunteer-run, we are able to involve all the skill sets of people in and around our operations and share the same with our beneficiaries. Education is tailor-made to suit the needs of the children we support. Hence, depending on the talent of each child, we are able to provide either mainstream education or skills training so that every child who leaves the Trust has befitting employment. All our children are well-behaved, friendly, socially adjusted and work well in team activities